Need some server help? You can reach me at @DanielLockyer or [email protected]
- Struggling to keep your server up?
- Need to speed up your site?
- Finding VPS security difficult?
- Want to move from Heroku/PAAS to a managed VPS?
Ultramarathon training part 2
15 November 2018 - This report covers week 1 and week 2 of my 50 mile ultramarathon training plan.
Paleo Gluten Free Eats - Upgraded this WordPress site from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.2. CPU usage dropped by 60% and time-to-first-byte (TTFB) dropped from 651ms to 251ms (-61%).
VloggingPro - Migrated site from shared hosting to a VPS. The move also involved upgrading PHP from 5.4 to 7.2, adding HTTPS & HTTP/2, and enabling Brotli compression.
Moved @VloggingPro from shared hosting🤮 to a VPS with the help of @DanielLockyer— Jurn (@jurn_w) July 6, 2018
🐌 PHP 5.4 to PHP 7.2.7, 🔒 moved to HTTPS + HTTP/2, 🔥 Brotli compression and more!
💸 Server bill cut in half
Response time: 1000+ ms ➡ 400 ms (-60%)
Download time: 498 ms ➡ <100 ms (-80%) pic.twitter.com/BjsUoAzhSg
Nomad List & Remote OK - I have been working with Pieter Levels since 2015 to keep his sites up and running fast. The process has involved keeping on top of the latest technology advancements and rapidly debugging issues.
Hartshill School - I developed a custom help desk solution to help staff report IT issues. The application has streamlined the entire process and saves the IT administrators hundreds of hours per month.
- Upgrade your PHP - PHP 5.6 and 7.0 will become unsupported at the end of 2018. They will lose important future security updates and do not contain the performance benefits that the latest versions provide.
- LaunchTests - Many sites contain key issues that stop their growth or shareability.
On an adventure around the world, with just a carry-on bag. Right now, I’m in southeast Asia.
I run my own consulting company and build websites to solve my own problems.
I love to run and listen to great stories. I have a Master’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Southampton, UK.
I am currently:
- Working with a few clients to improve their website performance
- Building websites to solve my problems
- Writing articles for my blog
- Training for a 50 mile (80km) ultramarathon
- Doing bodyweight workouts