Running goals for 2020
As of October 31st 2019, my current running PBs are the following:
- 5km: 19:49 (3:58 min/km - November 2018)
- 10km: 42:13 (4:13 min/km - October 2019)
- Half marathon: 1:30:17 (4:17 min/km - October 2019)
- Marathon (unofficial): 3:39:46 (5:13 min/km - September 2019)
- Farthest: 55km (October 2019)
Therefore, my goals for 2020 would be something like the following:
- 5km: 18:45 (3:45 min/km)
- 10km: 39:00 (3:54 min/km)
- Half marathon: 1:25:00 (4:02 min/km)
- Marathon: 3:20:00 (4:45 min/km)
- Farthest: 80km
- My current 5km PB was set at Laguna Phuket 5km, in 28C, in 2018. Given a flat race, or a paced track session in colder temperatures 1 year later, I should easily be able to break this.
- My current 10km PB was set during the Rugby half marathon. Clearly my 10km PB should be set during a standalone attempt.
- Felt like I could have pushed harder in Rugby, but the PB was comfortably within my capabilities. I’m confident another 6 months of training could drop 15 sec/km.
- My current PB was set unofficially during a training run for my 55km ultra. I’d like to solidify an official time and knock 15 mins off anyway. The training for the above should give me enough translatable fitness to do this.
- No particular time goal for the 80km, just to finish and enjoy it.